Right Wing America

Author Topic: Rock's world.  (Read 286 times)

SgtRock ®

• The Bondsman
  • Administrator
  • General
  • Member Rating: +547/-12
Rock's world.
« on: February 16, 2017, 08:34:03 PM »

I haven't been on here much as of late, it's been one hell of a few days. Not to spread my doom and gloom around but I thought my RWA family might like to hear this tail of heartbreak and joy. Valentines day rated right up there with what I could only call one of the most painful days I have had in my 56 years. It started back on 16 Dec, I came home and found my baby girl Patches out cold. Got her to the vet's the next day and got one of the worse kicks in the guts, she had both cancer and advanced liver failure. The vet said she might make it past Christmas but he didn't think so. He went on to say that it would take a lot of work and nursing skills to keep her alive and comfortable and the end would be the same. Since then I've been having to force feed her a special diet, give pills and inject her with 125 ml of ringers around the clock. But by valentines day I could tell she was starting to have much pain and would just lay in her litter box and pee on herself, it was time. At 1605hrs Patches laid her head in my hand and took her last breath. 

I will only say that yes great big full grown men can and will cry like a baby and I'm no exception. That was Tuesday, something I hadn't paid much attention to was that on Sunday a very small, young black kitten/cat had shown up at my door. After all my girl was dying and I was a total train wreck and not interested in much of anything else. Tuesday night I cleared my eyes enough to call my buddy and told him I needed to get to the bar that I really wanted to tie one on, he was more than happy to help. Many beers and shots of tequila later my mission was accomplished and I was standing at my front door stabbing at the keyhole when this small cat just wrapped it's self around my leg. I had already said that I didn't want another cat and that I was not taking this one in, I lied. I just said what the heck, picked her up and carried her in and I've been awestruck ever since. This little girl has just walked in and done everything right And I just can't believe it's just a chance or luck or whatever you might call it, she was sent here. I honestly believe 100% the good Lord knew I was going to be hurting and he sent this girl to ease my pain.     

Thank you Lord Jesus for my many blessings!
ONLY THE DEAD HAVE SEEN THE END OF WAR!
MOLON LABE

jim71

• Patriot
  • Member Rating: +18/-0
  • Pissed Off Patriot!
Re: Rock's world.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 09:10:42 PM »

Sgt Rock:
In God's world there is no such thing as a coincidence ! He has sent you something that He knew you needed. This is a story of divine intervention if I've ever heard it.
Be still and know that He is Lord !!

ChiefCoop©

• Administrator
  • General
  • Member Rating: +535/-6
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 09:55:10 PM »

So sorry for your loss. But I also believe that new cat was a Blessing from God. Many times something good will happen and we'll say "that was lucky" or such; the truth is, that was a Blessing from God and we just don't recognize it. I'm driving around the VA packed parking lot looking for a space and then the one ahead of me opens up. Not lucky, a Blessing! 

Hope you and the kitten bond and have a long time together. My oldest cat is 14 and looking "old".

snakedoctor

• General
  • Member Rating: +84/-0
  • Liberalism is a Mental Disorder.Democrat = commie
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 10:39:22 PM »

Rock- animals can get you where it hurts. Your heart. On Dec 20 we had to put our cat down after a 5 week fight with cancer. I hand fed him every day, day and night. talked to him and I think he knew. 3 years ago feb 10 I had to put down my horse. I felt like going in the ground with him. He knew me better than my wife knows me. Animals are a special friend. We had a great cat, we have good dogs and big tender horses. They are God's way of helping you forget this crazy world. Talk to them, they'll listen. The Big Guy works in mysterious ways!!!!!!!!!!!

John j

• Mr. Bravo
  • Administrator
  • General
  • Member Rating: +562/-4
  • Pissed Off Patriot!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 12:18:35 AM »

I'm sorry for losing your kitty Rock ... But like everyone else said , this is divine intervention ... Go with it and enjoy your new friend .  8)

Angelicsweep

• V.I.P.
  • General
  • Member Rating: +339/-4
  • Pissed Off Patriot!
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 08:19:11 AM »

ANYONE who has had a beloved pet, KNOWS the pain of loss.  I am with you Rock!!!  Believe me and the others here...GOD KNEW what you needed!!!    O:-)

bobalo59

• Frankenbiker patriot, don't like it? FUCK YOU!!!!
  • V.I.P.
  • General
  • Member Rating: +471/-53
  • Two to center mass, one to the head.
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 09:39:19 AM »

The old man in our pack is about at the same place Sgt. He's 14 years old, has bad arthritis, and hips. He's in pain but we mitigate it with children's  aspirin. When its time to put him to rest, I'm going to be a fucking wreck man. That dog and I have been places, seen things together and shared a good part of my life, and my families. I had Jake before we got married. When I built my little house, and finally put the last nail into it, the first thing I did was go to the pound and get a dog, Jake and I were made for each other, we're more that best friends, we're brothers in a way that only a guy would understand about having a dog. I pray for your loss, and rejoice in the gift of a new friend.
"Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none." Thomas Jefferson.

Why use nukes, when left wing unions can do the job?

dhw1949

• Administrator
  • General
  • Member Rating: +474/-8
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 09:50:03 PM »

Bummer about Patches, but her suffering is now over, and the new kitty 'stepped up' to end yours.  If you fall off your bike, do you quit riding or get right back on?   
You've done the honorable thing, in so many different ways, and God rewarded you with a new kitty....gotta love that!
I thought I made a mistake once but I was wrong.

+ Quick Reply