Right Wing America

Author Topic: Psychiatrist sheds new light on “gender confusion” among children  (Read 490 times)

RWA

• Editor
  • Administrator
  • General
  • Member Rating: +195/-0
  • Welcome To Right Wing America!

Psychiatrist sheds new light on “gender confusion” among children

The majority of children treated for gender confusion “just like to do things that the opposite gender likes to do” and aren’t actually suffering from gender dysphoria, according to psychiatrist Stephen Stathis of Australia’s Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital.

Stathis treats children for gender confusion as part of a statewide service.

Stathis cautions parents who feel they should start hormone treatments for their young children. He says that out of 180 children that will visit his practice this year, a smaller percentage will be classified as gender dysphoric than not. He claims many are “trying out being transgender,” and many see being transgender as a lifestyle choice and not something with which you are born.

Remembering a specific patient, he recalls, “One said to me, ‘Dr. Steve, … I want to be transgender, it’s the new black’”.

Stathis says they typically begin to identify as the gender they were born with by the time they hit puberty. He also believes some of the gender confusion comes from girls who have been sexually abused. “The girls say, ‘If only I had been a male I wouldn’t have been abused.’’’

The doctor is concerned about children that are so desperate to start hormone treatment that they harm themselves. “I’ve seen genital mutilation,” he says. “Some who try to cut off their penis. The thought of touching their genitals is so abhorrent, they don’t wash them and get infections.’’

Stathis brings cultural expectations into question, as well. Girls who like traditionally male activities are affectionately referred to as tomboys. “But boys, you put on a pink tutu and you’re off to see the doctor,” the psychiatrist said. He believes that many young people just like to do things that are not traditionally associated with their gender. He calls it “gender variant.”

“A little boy would say to me, ‘Dr. Steve, I like playing with dolls and I like fairies and I like dressing up, but I’m still a boy.’ That’s not gender dysphoria,” Stathis explains.

According to the psychiatrist, approximately three years ago, he started to see a significant increase in clinic traffic. At that time, it was not funded by the children’s hospital and he was running it himself. He says that in November 2016, “I had a two-year waiting list for me to see young people. And then, the waiting list continued. The numbers were growing by about 25 per cent per quarter.”

Although the doctor has real world experience with the recent gender identity phenomenon, many people on social media are referring to him as a transphobic. On Twitter, his comments have incited a flurry of angry responses.

Follow
 Ed Balls @mtndewptchblck
so, this transphobic quack Stephen Stathis is actually considered a doctor..WHY https://twitter.com/realdailywire/status/853144154649526273
5:30 PM - 17 Apr 2017
  Retweets   4 4 likes
 Follow
 one in a milly-on 🍑 @panplush
i have literally never heard of stephen stathis but i don't think he should be allowed to run a gender clinic
6:32 PM - 16 Apr 2017
  Retweets   1 1 like
View image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on Twitter
 Follow
 ♀Kateybirb♀ @kat_the_grape
My trans friends: Keep an eye out for this so called "expert" Stephen Stathis. He's an Australian McHugh.
8:51 PM - 10 Apr 2017
  2 2 Retweets   1 1 like
H/T: The College Fix

bobalo59

• Frankenbiker patriot, don't like it? FUCK YOU!!!!
  • V.I.P.
  • General
  • Member Rating: +471/-53
  • Two to center mass, one to the head.

Gender confusion? I'm sorry, but if a little boy wants to play with dolls, or a little girl wants to play army, that doesn't necessarily mean they're gender confused. I use to play with my cousins dolls, and my cousins use to play army with us boys. So am I gender confused? Are my cousins? No this is just something the parents dream up so they can get the attention of having a confused child. Instead of leaving the kid alone to develop his own sexual identification, they force this upon them, SO THEY CAN GET THE ATTENTION.
By the way, little know fact, that most boys born today have less of a testosterone level then that of their fathers, and so on and so on.
"Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none." Thomas Jefferson.

Why use nukes, when left wing unions can do the job?

John j

• Mr. Bravo
  • Administrator
  • General
  • Member Rating: +562/-4
  • Pissed Off Patriot!

Hell Bob , if a gay fuck sees ANY emotion or action , that can relate to a kid passing to THEIR side now days , they AUTOMATICALLY create a discovery , that THIS kid is like them .
Fucking outspoken faggots should all be dragged behind cars down the freeway as a show of concern .  :rofl :rofl :rofl

Angelicsweep

• V.I.P.
  • General
  • Member Rating: +339/-4
  • Pissed Off Patriot!

It is not only the parents contributing to this, it is society as a whole.  Look at TV and what is on it.  Everytime you turn around there is a show about queers on it.  That is saying it is okay...this is funny this is not abhorrent, it is natural.   BULL, it is NOT natural and it is not normal.  Look at Bruce Jenner and all the clammoring over him/her or whatever it is...this is saying it is okay.  IT IS NOT OKAY.  Just like books about so and so has two mommies or daddies...the left is responsible for this crap for their so called tolerance for this kind of behavior.  They seem to have tolerance for everything but what is RIGHT!!!  Yeah, the devil is working overtime...

John j

• Mr. Bravo
  • Administrator
  • General
  • Member Rating: +562/-4
  • Pissed Off Patriot!

It is not only the parents contributing to this, it is society as a whole.  Look at TV and what is on it.  Everytime you turn around there is a show about queers on it.  That is saying it is okay...this is funny this is not abhorrent, it is natural.   BULL, it is NOT natural and it is not normal.  Look at Bruce Jenner and all the clammoring over him/her or whatever it is...this is saying it is okay.  IT IS NOT OKAY.  Just like books about so and so has two mommies or daddies...the left is responsible for this crap for their so called tolerance for this kind of behavior.  They seem to have tolerance for everything but what is RIGHT!!!  Yeah, the devil is working overtime...

Exactly . they nurture ANY faggot feelings they learn a kid has . Instead of trying to rationalize the key reason this kid started this behavior or idea  and try to get to the bottom of it , they hand him/her a flag SCREAMING of some solidarity to faggism .  :mallet :puke

Angelicsweep

• V.I.P.
  • General
  • Pissed Off Patriot!

On the news the other night, there was a segment on there about a RAINBOW flag being taken down at a Church and replaced with an American flag.  The church people were upset about it.  Tell me why they would have a rainbow flag up at a CHURCH in the first place!!!!!  Even churches are in on this gender crap.  Is it a wonder WHY kids are so screwed up????????

bobalo59

• V.I.P.
  • General

Kids today are being bombarded with this shit, and its eating away at their brains. Not only the leftist, TV shows, but with Moochellas starvation diet at the elementary, and high school level. Their brains are not getting the calories they need to grow. In essence making them dumber by the day.
"Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none." Thomas Jefferson.

Angelicsweep

• V.I.P.
  • General
  • Pissed Off Patriot!

Kids today are being bombarded with this shit, and its eating away at their brains. Not only the leftist, TV shows, but with Moochellas starvation diet at the elementary, and high school level. Their brains are not getting the calories they need to grow. In essence making them dumber by the day.

Wasn't that the general idea???? :headbang

ChiefCoop©

• Administrator
  • General
  • Member Rating: +535/-6

These people represent 3% of the population yet they get 95% of the attention. But, that is the way the NWO is using to destroy the family, and of course religion. Without religion the government becomes the moral compass, and its about as moral as radical Islam. 

Angelicsweep

• V.I.P.
  • General
  • Pissed Off Patriot!

These people represent 3% of the population yet they get 95% of the attention. But, that is the way the NWO is using to destroy the family, and of course religion. Without religion the government becomes the moral compass, and its about as moral as radical Islam. 

They have infiltrated religion.  Preachers can no longer TEACH the BIBLE without reprecussions.  We have had no moral compass for as long as I can remember.   I mean look at the media, television, movies, actors, preachers now days...we are on a very slippery slope and if it is hard on us...just think about these kids growing up now days.  Why in our little bitty town near us, they made a huge drug bust just the other day.   This new sheriff in that county is making good on his campaign promises to crack down on drugs.  And he has...BIG TIME!!!  I would NOT want to be a kid today in this world we have now. 

bobalo59

• V.I.P.
  • General

"I would NOT want to be a kid today in this world we have now. "
I know what you mean, my grandson is 3yo. I think of the shit he'll go through IF he goes to public indoctrination. Of course, I'm pushing my daughter to let me homeschool him. He's already to fucking smart for the assholes in preschool, and that's because I work with him everyday. I read to him, and he's starting to read certain words along with me. I play counting games with him and he can count to 20 easily, 50 is next. He's a very social young man and well rounded. He's a brut of a boy, and loves playing outside with Pa Paw. He's going to have a good life if I have to kill every goatfucker, every nigger in the state to ensure that he's taught right from wrong. Without my prejudice of course.

Angelicsweep

• V.I.P.
  • General
  • Pissed Off Patriot!

You are doing exactly what my Granny did with me.  She was so ahead of her time on a lot of things...  I could read and some writing before going to school.  Didn't go to kindergarten back then.  Just my luck....the year I started school, they quit letting kids skip grades.  I absolutely HATED school!!!

+ Quick Reply